Back in 2004, we created one of the first client extranets in the data recovery industry. This allowed customers to interact with the lab and see real notes from the technicians as they were working on their damaged media. Many data recovery companies followed suit and created their own type of client portal.
As of 2 weeks ago, we have been beta testing our brand new client portal with new customers, and the response has been overwhelming. Therefore, we are moving clients completely over to the new system this week. We are very excited about this new way to help and interact with customers and we feel this is the most complete extranet in the data recovery industry.
We have now made it much, much easier for our customers to understand the data recovery process as well as eliminate all the paper involved. As a customer using the new client portal, you be in complete control of the data recovery process every step of the way. Our customers can get a window in to the entire process as well as all of the costs involved before accepting anything. We have always believed in complete transparency, which is hard to find in this industry, and our new portal takes it to a whole new level.
Here is how it works:
- Once you send in your damaged media, you will get an email with a username and password to log in to the Client Portal. You can then immediately log in and check any status updates as the diagnostic process takes place.
- As soon as the lab has determined the problem with your device and the severity of the damage, you will be able to log in and see the diagnosis as well as the price for recovery. At this point you can choose options for how you want your data returned. This includes what media type you would like for us to put your data on to and how you would like it shipped back. All prices for shipping and media are calculated on the fly and you will see an EXACT price for the recovery (Remember: Transparency) You can then choose to accept or decline through the portal based on what you see. You provide payment information at this time but obviously nothing is charged until we have a successful recovery that is approved by you.
- If you accept the recovery, you can always go back and log in to check the status on your job as our technicians are working to recover the data.
- When the job is recovered, you can log back in and download and review a file listing of your recovered data as well as make final payment if you are happy with the results.
- Once payment is made, the lab is notified to move your data to a the new device you chose in the previous steps.
- You will then be notified when it is shipped out (with tracking number) or ready for pickup.
We feel that we are innovators in both our technology and our customer experience and this takes the customer experience to the next level. It gives you, the customer, full control and full transparency of the process in order for you to feel comfortable with our results.