Flashback Data offers risk free data recovery services for your desktop, laptops with solid state drives (SSD). SSDs are becoming commonplace in just about every form factor imaginable. Soon, it will be the primary storage media for most laptops and portable devices. SSDs can have very similar local problems as hard drives but are quite different when it comes to physical failures.
With our advanced R&D, we are on the cutting edge when it comes to recovering anything solid state. We were one of the first labs the US to begin working on flash based memory at the chip level. We can recover data from many physical and electronic failures on SSDs as well as severe firmware or controller failures that can occur with many of the complicated devices on the market.
Our recovery techniques allow us to repair and recover your critical data from any type of solid state drive. Whether you need to recover deleted files, suffered from a computer virus, or have had a full blown failure, Flashback Data has the solution for you.
Causes of a Solid State Drive Failure
Hard drives fail for a multitude of reasons, including:
- Wear and tear. Using SSD’s daily will wear them out and cause failure in the long run.
- Impact. Roughly handling an SSD, dropping them, or accidentally bumping into them while plugged in will cause problems over time.
- Liquids. Accidental coffee spills, water damage, and other intrusive liquids can harm external and internal electronic components.
- Electrical problems. Power surges and electrical storms can damage storage devices.
- High temperatures. Poor ventilation and high-operating temperatures may cause failures.
- Overwriting. When important system areas are overwritten, hard drives are unbootable.
- Logical failure. Operating system errors, viruses, and accidents can create logical file system damage.
- Manufacturer’s defect. Many drives fail from firmware bugs or faulty parts. Manufacturers may have warranties against failures, but they will replace the device and not the data.
Signs of a Solid State Hard Drive Failure
SSD’d will show signs of failure. Check to see if your solid state hard drive is showing these symptoms:
- A message saying Missing Operating System or the Operating System cannot be found
- Computer BIOS cannot detect a hard drive at startup
- Slow file access can indicate data corruption
- Endless loop when rebooting the system or recurring BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)
- Computer asks to format the drive when it is mounted
- USB drive or device cannot be recognized when inserted
Solid State Drive Recovery Process
One of Flashback Data’s customer service representatives will provide you with a scenario-based quote and an explanation about how the process works. We also provide a time estimate depending on your chosen service level. We offer many options from low-cost and low-priority to emergency and same-day service.
Step 1: Paperwork
You can fill out the required paperwork here or click Send your Media! below to electronically fill it out and receive an optional UPS shipping label for free. We can also send the paperwork through email if you want to fill it out manually. You can ship your damaged media to us or bring it to our lab.
Step 2: Check-in
We will send you an email and call you once your media arrives safely and we have checked in into our system. The email will contain a username and password to easily track your data recovery job’s status via our client portal.
Step 3: Diagnosis
Once our technicians have diagnosed your drive, you will receive a firm quote of the recovery cost. At this point, you can choose to accept or decline the recovery.
Step 4: Recovery
If you accept the recovery quote, we will begin the recovery process. You can always view your recovery status via the client portal or by calling us at 866.786.5700. We will provide a file listing of the information we have recovered so you can check it and verify it is a good recovery.
Step 5: Transfer
We will place the recovered data on another media form after it is reviewed and approved. We will then ship the data back to you or you can pick it up from our facilities.
That’s it! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time.
For more data recovery information read about:
Read about how our process works from your computer to our lab and back.
Read about our No-Data, No-Fee Guarantee and get your media evaluated at no cost.
Learn about all of the types of media and system types we recovery from.
Read all about our accredited data recovery lab
Visit our frequently asked questions page.
And as always, please feel free to contact Flashback Data via phone or web form at anytime 24 hours a day 7 days a week.